Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Friday, 16 August 2013

Sponsor us folks, I don't do this thing for free

Alright, I have been lacking in the blogging department.

Well there is good reason for that and I feel the need to explain:

Motor Neurone Disease is really shitty and I haven't always been in the mood. I write like my mood and I don't want to depress you folks. I don't believe in sharing the misery.

This is my Ma, she is very spesh and not just to me. She has looked after loads of people over the years, my friends, my cousins. She deserves some looking after now too.

I have been spending an inordinate amount of time travelling back and forth to the gym, training, washing, training and then eating. Most of which whilst an unbearable stink has been kicking off me.

It's a kind of stink you can't wash off, it needs to be soaked off before you top it up with another litre or so of sweat.

I barely have enough energy to brush my teeth or stroke the cat. So blogging wasn't top of the list.

So in light of this I would like some money off you, if you have ever read and enjoyed this blog why don't you consider giving something back. Even if it's just a quid or something.

You can sponsor us here or text a £1/ £2/ £5 by texting TOLL81 with the amount to 70070 

My cousin (Nick) and I are entered in the Salford Triathlon on Sunday and we are doing it to raise funds for the MND association. I cannot express how important this charity is, they are pretty much the only ones funding research to combat MND, for which there is NO cure.

Why you should sponsor us.........

I had to buy anti-chaffing gel, yahuh. My thighs rub up on each other a lot and not in a sexy way either.

Nick cannot swim, it would be funny if it wasn't so tragic. Who signs up for a tri when they can't swim. Silly Ward boy.

I had to witness my cousin head to toe in rubber on Sunday. There is no dignity in a wetsuit, I hope Sunday will be the last time I put one on and certainly the last time I have to look at Nick in one. I am sure the feeling is mutual.


Nick and I, As you can see I have been working hard preparing for the bike leg of the tri and Nick has been eating my dust (far left)

It's important, do you want to know how crap MND really is? My Mum has now had to be fitted with a feeding tube as the muscles in her throat are so weak she can't process or move food. She mostly can't walk now and uses a wheelchair and has lost her speech completely.

My Mum is a terribly dignified lady and is taking this horror better than anyone ever should. You think you are having a bad day, you know nothing.

Do something good, sponsor us or at the very least take a minute to find out what MND is to help raise its awareness and sign the charter.

The greater the awareness, the greater to effort to help fight it! It is not as uncommon as you think. I have been devastated to learn how many people I know (even in my own office) who have been affected by MND.

I hope it never happens to you x

Links:

http://www.justgiving.com/forToll

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts