Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Friday, 3 May 2013

Haruki Murakami - What I talk about when I talk about running



While Kath is taking her time to put up her marathon photos I thought I would throw a filler in.

If you don't know about Haruki Murakami here is your chance. He is so incredibly smart and a bit of a genius hero man, not only has he translated a number of literary classics into Japanese (The Great Gatsby and Breakfast at Tiffany's to name a few) but he's also a great novelist and mega runner.

I would highly recommend 'Norwegian Wood' but also this, 'What I talk about when I talk about running'. How he has managed to write a book about running and not make it boring, I don't know.

The dude runs ultra marathons and triathlons for FFS.

I just love the way he writes, and if you like running and books then this one is for you. Not to mention the cover art is aces. Of course having a Japanese novelist in your book case is also going to make you look tres sophisticated and cultured. I make a point of having his books at eye level to detract from my shameful Twilight and Spike Milligan collection which kind of makes me look a little stupid and juvenile.

 I'm off on holiday today so I am going to leave it to Kath to tell you about the marathon. PULL YOUR FINGER OUT KATH - we have been getting requests (albeit one but nevertheless).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts