Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Skinny tomato and roasted aubergine soup recipe

Skinny tomato and roasted aubergine soup recipe

........because I am recovering from an operation I haven't been allowed to do any exercise (though I did go on the exercise bike at the gym and then got told off by Kath but she ain't the boss of me. Well technically she is but whatever).

So I was a  bit scared of getting fat whilst I was recuperating*.

 *watching 'This Morning' and other such television shite.


Therefore, I decided to embark on a healthy eating slash calorie controlled misery to prevent myself from getting so fat that they would have to remove my bedroom window just to get me out of the house to go to work.

And it has worked, I am half a stone lighter and this is going to help me smash Kath into the ground come August when we triathonathonalanon or whatever the word is.

So here is a little low fat soup recipe I botched together. I worked out on my fitness pal (app) that per serving it's about 128 calories per serving but you can probably get this down some more if you use fry light to sweat your onions.

Yabba, yabba - here is the recipe already.

Ingredients:

1 can of peeled plum tomatoes (I used Morrisons Italian plum)
1 onion
1/3 aubergine (chopped into cubes)
1 garlic clove
1 vegetable stock cube
Pinch of chilli
Pinch of cumin
1 tsp sunflower oil
400ml boiling water (approx)

Directions -

Roast or grill the aubergine for approx 10 mins or until slightly brown.
Sweat the onions and garlic in a pan until soft.
Add tomatoes, spices, stock and bring to the boil for approx 5 mins.
Add the roasted aubergine and cook for a further 3-5 mins.
Blend with a stick blender.

(Serves - 2 - 128 calories approx)

Easy peasy, it tastes as good as Heinz soup I reckon and is probably better for you.

laters

Sam



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts