Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Monday, 2 April 2012

Do it like Barrowman


Reet  - Sam here.....NOT Kath (there are two of us who write the blog - I am the other and significantly better half). I write all the amazing funny posts. yeah, but don't tell Kath I said that.

So Kath ran the Olympic Park Run on Saturday at the Olympic Stadium in that there London.

I entered but didn't get in and I am in no way bitter about it because it is clearly biased, they obviously are intimidated by my beauty. I don't actually know what their criteria was for entrants but whatever it was, I wasn't it. If Kath got in the criteria is probably pretty weak - ha!

Have I just insulted myself with that? well whatever.


I haven't spoken to Kath yet but I sent her lots of good luck messages so hopefully she did it in a mega fast time and showed those southern pansies how it's done. I also am kind of hoping she didn't get bullied by the other kids because she was wearing her knee high compression socks which teamed up with her slim legs makes her look like the stunt double for dennis the menaces legs.

While Kath has been enjoying the big smoke and staying in Frank'n'furter's Mansion (from The Rocky Horror Picture Show), I have been doing some freaky exercising of my own......on my wii.

I am having serious trouble opening and closing doors as well as pulling my trousers up and down because of the amount of lactic acid flowing through my body because of this game...........


Feck me I hurt, its is so addictive. I have been throwing myself around my living room like John Barrowman on an 'E' for the last week. I don't think I have lost any weight actually I know I haven't cause my fecking wii fit balance board keeps telling me so but I my trousers fit me better.

It is proper funny, I thought I had rhythm but according to my scores it appears not though I suspect the sensor is broken on my remote. yeah, that's it, the sensor is deffo broken. To be honest I always suspected I was rhythmically challenged and that's why I don't partake in any exercise classes that require coordination. I've tried before and stood on way to many girls feet and I am not popular with girls at the best of times.

So this game is ace for me because the only victims of my lack of balance and poise are the cat (sorry Morrissey, Mummy will take you the vets tonight and get you some new paws & you don't need a tail anyway) and the paper lampshade in my living room which I have stabbed 4 wii remote shaped holes in and knocked off the ceiling twice.

Anyway my point is it is brilliant and the best work out I have ever had in my living room. So stop buying Davina dvd's and get this. It is hilarious and has a multi player function so you can smash into your mates too.

Erm, my writers block has just kicked in again so I bid you goodbye.

Hopefully Kath will have an exciting London post for you soon to wet your blog appetite.

laters

Sam x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts