Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Thursday, 22 December 2011

that horrible moment you realise you got fat again

So, I did my first run in months on Sunday. It was warm when I last ran so it must have been beards ago. The run was a direct result of a self imposed intervention as a result of this photo.

How the f$%k did this happen? I know I am not massive but I am swinging a rather large bingo wing in this photo. What you cant see in this picture is the pile of  people I knocked to the floor with the fecker.

This is my intervention picture

oh and yes, that it a bottle of blue WKD in my hand. I know, I was feeling nostalgic and I am from Warrington. I was actually using it to get rid of the taste of the sambuca I had just necked.

I know how I got fat -  I have been eating Iceland buffets, mice pies, sausage and egg butties and 6 plates of food at a all inclusive buffet. Yesterday, I had had a bumper size bag of salt and vinegar twirls, a sausage and egg butty, a massive yorkshire pudding and a mince pie.

I just can't help it, I like putting bad stuff in my mouth***no jokes please***.

And of course I've not been running. This whole fat business has kind of snook up on me. So I ran 3km with Lego man in the freezing manc weather with a hangover on Sunday. It it was kind of nice cause there was all these crispy ice sheets that made snapping sounds when you ran over them.

I felt a like turd after, I could'nt seem to clean sambuca off my teeth, I had a red ring round my diaphragm from the size 14 dress I poured myself into.I had a bad case off 'the fear'. I didn't think about allowing eating room before I put that dress on and after 7 pints of vodka, a whole baby lamb and chocolate pot I was busting at the seams.

And worst of all I spent most of the night trying and failing to do the running dance.

So I here by pledge to lose a stone in the New Year, yep I just made a stupid resolution. I hate NY resolutions, they are pointless but if don't stop eating soon I'm going to have to get driven into work on a forklift truck and I'll need a part time nurse to come and clean and dress my bed sores.

On a lighter note, check this out.....months of fun. Every house should have one. I think he looks a little like a melting wax work in this photo.

Laters

Sam x

1 comment:

Popular Posts