Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Friday, 16 December 2011

Tatton Yule Yomp

Well, a miracle happened. James and I got to Tatton Park, on time, I might even go so far as to say early, even though it was Sunday morning.




With it being a Yule Yomp, people had gone for a Christmassy theme, with many running in Santa suits or elf costumes with bloody bells on. Even though it was a full two weeks before Christmas so FAR too early for all that kind of stuff, I tied my hair back with very stylish Rudolph hair bands.




Practically bubbling over with Christmas spirit, me. I realise you can't see them in this close-up picture, but I'm sure on the day people from miles around were bowled over by the joviality of my hair.






James went for the more traditional seasonal "I'm really hungover after my works do" look, so really we had all the Christmas bases covered.


We had a swift warm-up dance to James' rendition of "Last Christmas", which is actually only slightly worse than his version of "Doh a deer" (I honestly am nearly tempted to buy him an MP3 player to stop him singing as he runs) and we were off. It was chucking it down, cold and flipping muddy.


These are not my legs





It was not quite the Christmas card scene that I'd imagined in Tatton Park, but it was good to be out there, running. And even better to finish (in 53 mins 32 if you're interested) and drive home past the enormous queues for the Trafford Centre (who does that two weeks before Christmas? Really? There's the Internet you know) and go home to the fire, very strong coffee and Christmas cake.







Cheers


Kath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts