Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Saturday, 24 December 2011

Merry Christmas!

Bolton Parkrun had a spot of a Christmas fancy dress theme going on this morning. This still does not give James any excuse at all for turning up dressed like this.


Thank the lord for shorts

Now, I will admit that, back in the day, James and I may have had his n hers Spandex. I know, I know. The difference between us is I threw mine away about twenty years ago. 


As you can see, I have much better taste in clothes these days. 






This is probably the last picture ever taken of James. I know what he's giving his girlfriend for Christmas, and she will definitely hit him over the head with it. Deservedly so.


I've eaten nothing but mince pies and brandy butter absolute crap for days and days, so I took it extremely easy running this morning. Partway through I spotted another member of the Run England group Jog Bolton, and I knew he wanted to get a time of less than 25 minutes, so I thought I'd run with him and encourage him along the way. Great plan. Not only did neither of us get under 25 minutes, but he overtook me on the track at the end.



And now I am so completely in the festive mood I treated myself to a swift glass of alcohol free mulled punch while wrapping the presents. It isn't quite as bad as it sounds.


Cheers


Kath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts