Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Friday, 25 November 2011

Quote, Unquote




"You look like you've worked hard" from a woman at a running club.
This means "You are bright red, very sweaty and your nose is running. I am much fitter than you." 



"Looking good!" from a much faster than me bloke on Parkrun.
This does not mean he wants to take me out for dinner. It means I am bright red and very sweaty, but at least my nose probably isn't running. Also that I look like I need a LOT of encouragement to get to the finish line.



"That's quite a good time" from a bloke on a dating site.
This means "My ex was much faster than you. I think I'll get back with her, but continue to email and text you all the fricking time, in case it doesn't work out". 

Erm, that's obviously a hypothetical one.



"Why have you got a water bottle? You're only doing 5K!" from a spectator to my son on Parkrun.
 This means this bloke is a tosser.


Cheers 

Kath

2 comments:

  1. "You look lovely just as you are - and then followed by - you always need something to grab hold of"

    Was he trying to cheer me up; console himself or being just plain rude?

    Who knows?

    Oh, and I wasn't even running anywhere....or running back from anywhere either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprised you didn't lamp the last guy WITH the water bottle

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts