Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Monday, 3 October 2011

Zen and Biba


I am trying to be a bit zen.

I can get very stressed, it is not healthy and I reckon it is ageing and definitely life shortening. I am not about to embark on a voyage of self discovery, I find that far too contrived but I know I do need to chill out and stop spinning about like a Tasmanian devil.

shabang. just beautiful.
What I would really like to do is jump in a time machine and fly back to the sixties, spend a few years as Biba shop assistant before growing my hair and moving into a hippie commune in San Fransisco.




This just isn't going to happen anytime soon so I guess I should just stick to yoga as a form of stress relief. That and squeezing hell out of my pink hippo teddy bear (albert) at work.

I reckon it could get quite addictive, I am already looking for my next fix. Sadly, none of the local timetabled sessions seem to fit around work so I have bought a dvd (i'll let you know how it goes). Plus, I need a yoga class where there is enough space that I don't have someone's feet too near to my face. That would be a disaster, naked feet are the definite downside of yoga. If feet weren't so necessary I would have them surgically removed. Mine cause me a lot of trouble and other peoples are even worse.

Here's some zen habits I nicked off Leo Babauta's blog - he seems to be a pretty chilled guy. But then he would be - he lives in San Franscisco, lucky hippie type man. He has some good tips on his blogs, he is also a runner. I pretty much agree with what he says but implementing it could be tricky. If you are looking for some Zen then why not have a read.

less TV, more reading
less shopping, more outdoors
less clutter, more space
less rush, more slowness
less consuming, more creating
less junk, more real food
less busywork, more impact
less driving, more walking
less noise, more solitude
less focus on the future, more on the present
less work, more play
less worry, more smiles
breathe
 
Simple huh, I am going to give it a go.

Peace out man x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts