Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Tuesday, 18 October 2011

This dude is proper zen

You must have read about this guy, 100 years old and he just ran the Toronto Waterfront Marathon (26.2 miles)


What a hero. He started running at the sprightly age of 89 after his wife and son died. And he puts its down to a diet of ginger curry, tea and happiness.

Here's a winning quote for you....

"The secret to a long and healthy life is to be stress-free. Be grateful for everything you have, stay away from people who are negative, stay smiling and keep running."

Well said Mr Singh. If this dude can run a marathon at 70 years my senior why the feck can't I. This news has just thrown a spanner in my biomechanically faulty works.

Anyway, Autumn is an ace season isn't it, if but only if it is not pissing it down with rain. This was my first outdoor run since the half marathon, Kath has of course been running about like a moggy on catnip. It was pretty gorgeous, conditions were perfect. Check out the stunning sunset over Chorlton Ees.

My running ability has taken a beating, I knew those fricking burgers would catch up with me. I had to stop half way round, what an embarrassment. A three legged collie overtook me. I bet he hadn't had a packet of bacon discos and a take away curry for his breakfast though.



taken with my ipod touch
Ahh nice in't it.

Now how the hell do you make ginger curry?

Sam

 Fauja Singh photo source here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts