Well I always like to bring down the level of this blog with a simple recipe, you see I don't understand politics (unlike Kath) and I am no deeper than this lasagne dish. Apologies for the shadowy photo.
This isn't low fat but is veggie if it helps. It's my own recipe so a few more apologies for the lack of proper measurements - I just throw things in a pan.
- Lasagne sheets
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 deseeded red chilli
- 1/2 bag of spinach
- 1 aubergine
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- pinch of dried Italian herbs
- pinch of salt and pepper
- pinch of sugar
- 1 jar of lasagne white sauce (I know but who has the time honestly?)
- Grated cheddar cheese to top
- 1/2 bag of quorn mince
- Spray oil
2. Finely chop the onions and brown in a large pan with the garlic, add the chilli. Stir in the frozen quorn mince and stir until it defrosts.
3. Add chopped tomatoes, puree and a little water, then the herbs and seasoning. If you have any leftover red wine add a splash to the pan and simmer for 5-10 mins.
4. Layer your ingredients in a deep lasagne dish. I like to layer like this:
Cheese rue sauce
(then repeat as many times as you are able)
The final layer should consist of a lasagne sheet covered in rue sauce then sprinkled with cheddar cheese.
5. Cook in the oven for approximately 30 minutes. Serve with some lovely wholewheat garlic bread.