Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Saturday, 1 October 2011

It is flipping warm.

So I have decided there should be no exercise this weekend. If you're a bit gingery strawberry blonde then you can't really go out in the sun and do exercise without coming out in hives. Children shield their eyes from my legs (without a bath of St Tropez first) so I deffo shouldn't run today.

This is what happens when you put pale faces near sunlight. My Mum took this after the half marathon. we are so pale it's frightening.
I have been told my x-ray is clear (excellent), my chiropractor is happy I have taken some time off it seems to have improved things (most excellent) and I have a physio referral.

So I reckon 10k training can start in another week whilst I am healing so well, healing and getting right fat. I haven't set a plan yet unlike Kath but I have decided on two milestone rewards for when I start.......

Richmond Tea Rooms - everyone at work is going crazy at the thought of their cream tea. I believe it has recently opened around the village somewhere and it looks spanking.


Pin Up Bowling - American diner style retro bowling with dj's. What an excellent opportunity for me to get extremely competitive and then sulk about losing. Losing is good for me I think, it might help me stop being so competitive. Then maybe I will be allowed to start playing Monopoly again.



Kath still hasn't beaten my 5km PB yet - 24 mins 44 secs. She is very, very close to it. I think she is running  Parkrun today, so today might be the day. Then she will have successfully taken everything away from me and I shall  jump off Barton Bridge retire.

Enjoy the sun!

Sam

Photo source - here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts