Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Wednesday, 5 October 2011

The Dalai Lama's wise words

Dalai Lama doing his best Fonz impression
"Everyday, think as you wake up, ‘today I am fortunate to have woken up, I am alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others, to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings, I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others, I am going to benefit others as much as I can.'"

Dalai Lama

Now only if I could do this. Maybe I could, if it wasn't for legoman, he messes with my zen a lot. I have to try very hard not to think badly of him. Especially when he puts my 100% lambswool fred perry jumper in the washing machine on a warm wash then puts it in the tumble dryer afterwards.

Must not think bad thoughts, must not think murderous bad thoughts.

I nicked this from the zenhabits blog again, I am becoming a little obsessed with it. What a fan-frickingtastic quote. Well done Dalai Lama, I like it, even though you have a fleet of Rolls Royce you make some sense man.

Peace and love

Sammy x

photo source here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts