Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Friday, 2 September 2011

wonky running

I was so happy to leave work for a week that I did a little 5pm dance. Tonight was going to be a 15km but my stupid body has decided otherwise.

At 2km I decided that maybe I should drop it to 12km because my bits and bobs hurt.
Then after 5km I decided to drop it to 8km, then at 5.5km I decided I was buggered and I better get myself home the quickest route. The problem was I was the wrong side of the water and a good 1.5km from the nearest bridge.

In the end I did 7.5km which isn't too bad but my hip is shagged; then my hip decided to have a fight with my hamstring which then pissed off my foot and then my the right hand side of my neck.

Have you ever seen those zombie movies where the person playing the zombie pretends one half of their body is paralysed and drags said half along like a dead dog? Yep, that's what I looked like after 2km. A zombie post stroke; I even made the obligatory moaning noises.

This is me have a sip of water after 5km

 I tried to keep running but then I could hear Kath's words ringing in my ears -
"what did the doctor say? don't run if you're in pain - you idiot!"

Then I got paranoid about my hamstring snapping because I saw some lads hamstring go at a football match and he hit the floor like a sack of spuds and then cried like a little girl. I didn't want to cry like a little girl so I'm glad I went home. It doesn't take much to make me cry.

I want to cry right now out of frustration. I'll bounce back though, I've got to because the race is in 2 weeks.

Sam x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts