Shazam...I am back.
I had pretty much given up on the blog but Kath asked me when I was going to pull my finger out and do a post about the run so here I am. The problem is my post was going to include our post race photo but the cowbag went and robbed the photo off my facebook for her own post so I haven't got anything good for you. I guess I could tell you how it went?
The weather was perfect and I had an immense wave of smugness wash over me when we ran through the picture perfect rolling fields of Grappenhall. That's right Boltonians, Warrington has its pretty bits and Katy and Kath have had concede this. In your face!
|Rams Head Grappenhall - post run celebration venue|
- Mile 3 drank way too much water at the water station
- Mile 5 threw up water consumed at water station
- Mile 7 pain
- Mile 8 more pain - got overtaken by lots of fat blokes
- Mile 9 missed the nice old lady handing out sweets - very pissed off
- Mile 10 saw some jelly babies on the floor - wanted them, v. pissed off
- Mile 11 got a tunnocks caramel bar off my mum, bit happier, pain
- Mile 12 got overtaken by another fat bloke that I had overtaken at mile 11
- Mile 13 cried, got overtaken by old women
- Mile 13.1 got taken away by St Johns Ambulance
But I don't care, even though I got a crappy time (for me - 2 hours 18) and walked a couple of the miles I still have an immense sense of achievement.
Kath rocked it again, the bitch! But I am well happy for her. And a big shabba to all the others - Nikki (PB - super amazing time 1hr 39) and James, Katy and Matty who I think were first time half marathoners so all have PB's!
Kath says I am not allowed to run a half marathon again, my GP says I have to take up cycling instead and my chiropractor says I should cross train and consider events that involve less running because my body is fooked. But what do they know.
A big massive thanks to the St Johns Ambulance folk for scraping me off the floor at the finish line.
Sam x x