Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Last Long Run

I've done my last long run before The Run. 


I meant to do 16k, but I got bored and thought I'd take a short cut and, you guessed it, I got lost, so I ended up doing 21. That's a half marathon, you know.






I did it in 2 hours 20, including a stop to ring my starving children who were waiting for their tea. With hindsight calling them to tell them that I didn't know where I was, nor when I would be back, was probably not terribly helpful or reassuring. I really am rubbish at this being a parent business.

My target for The Run is 2 hours 15, so I just need to shave a bit off on the day. I should be able to do that, provided I don't decide to make any completely pointless phonecalls along the way. That's if I ever walk again after tonight of course. I just went to ASDA to buy my post-run pizza and cakes nutrition, and the movement I was doing would best be described as shuffling. Not a great look.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts