Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Tuesday, 27 September 2011

if fred perry did running gear


if they did, I would be bankrupt. I am still waiting for someone somewhere to successfully replicate some retro running clothes.

photo source
I love Fred Perry so much I can barely breath thinking about the new collection. Now don't get me confused; I'm not into the chavy stripy jumper Fred Perry but the retro tennis gear and beautiful mod Laurel Wreath collection. A few years ago I pretty much wore a fred perry polo shirt everyday, I have amassed quite a little collection. I need some FP running gear though, I need it like I need oxygen.

photosource
It's not cheap so I have to wait for sales but look at it, its well worth it. Look, ahhhhhh lovely....

vintage fred perry tennis skirt £35 - ASOS Marketplace

Amy Winehouse for Fred Perry Houndstooth skirt £90 ASOS



Laurel Wreath Collection Printed Shirt Dress - £150 ASOS (ouch)
Richard Nicholl Angora Cardigan - £175 ASOS (double ouch)
Shabba - this man rocks my world - today, yesterday and tomorrow.




I cannot tell you how happy I would be if they were to invent a cute little wicking polo shirt and some winkle picker trainers. Oh my, I am getting laurel wreath shaped shivers up and down my spine just thinking about it. If Fred Perry made music I reckon it would sound like this......................... and this.... oooh and this..................... and last one I promise I know, I am sorry. I realise I am indulging myself. I don't care. Sammy x x x

3 comments:

  1. thats so many. i remember my father rocking down stairs just wearing cheap polo shirts of our house listening to that Going Underground. loL

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is google saying hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your dad is amazing anonymous, you should be proud. How cool. My Dad rocks out to Gerry and the Pacemakers - not quite as cool.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts