Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Sunday, 4 September 2011

The Art of Doing Nothing

I always thought that if I ever stopped drinking I'd achieve loads more. 

To some extent I do (if you include running which is, after all, just ending up where I started, only more out of breath) but I am still a master of doing nothing at all. I just have longer in which to do it.


Yesterday, for example, I spent meaning to do the housework. All day. Did I do the housework? No I didn't. Did I do anything else nicer instead? No.













There wasn't a Bolton Parkrun yesterday as there was a fairground in the way, so I also spent the day putting off going running. That's multitasking in my book. I ended up going out just in time for it to go dark. For the record, I don't recommend running through a wood as it is going dark, and I won't be doing it again.


I went to Chester zoo with the kids today. Lots of tired and bored animals looking at other tired and bored animals, whichever way you want to look at it. Still, the penguins and meerkats were cute.


And I have turned into an old person. Not only did I take a picnic, but I took a flask. How did this happen?


Kath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts