Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Saturday, 17 September 2011

1 day to go

Bonjour

Apologies for my lack of posts. I have been quietly having a breakdown.

Kath has been very nice and has been giving me the occasional cuddle, its very funny because she doesn't like giving hugs and doesn't really know what she's doing. So some of the pleasure of a Kath hug comes from her displeasure, I like it that she is trying which is nice. This makes me suspect that she cares a bit.

Kath is so funny when she hugs, have you ever seen a toddler pick up a cat to cuddle it and then nearly squeeze the life out of it? Well Kath looks like that cat.

Maybe a little like this...


So the run is tomorrow and I am petrified because I am not sure I am going to be able to make it round. I have promised Kath and others I wouldn't run if my hip and leg are too painful because I run the risk of making it worse. I'll stick to that promise but I do plan on trying. I have to be realistic, I am not going to get round the course in an impressive or competitive time - which is killing me. As long as I don't get picked up by the loser bus (which comes round mopping up all the shite runners after 3 hours) then I'll be okay.

I went to the Doctors this morning and I have to have an X-ray on my hip and pelvis which is a bit of  a concern. I don't think my problem is skeletal though but what would I know, I'm not a doctor.

So it's time to sign off. We'll let you know how we get on.

Best of luck to all the other runners too, especially Nikki, Katie, Matty and James. It would be great if you could hold back your laughter when you overtake me.

Big love

Sam


And of course kath too!!!!! She is going to smash it x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts