Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Thursday, 18 August 2011

Stepping Out

What stairs are for:

  • Getting from one floor to the next;

  • Avoiding, to use the lift;

  • Putting things which you are definitely going to take up and put away one day on;
  • Falling down when drunk.





What stairs are not for:

  • Running up and down repeatedly.


Somebody needs to explain this to Mickey Higham from the Warrington Wolves. I would, but I haven't quite got my breath back yet.


He made us run up and down every single step in the Halliwell Jones stadium. If you haven't been there just take it from me, there are flipping BILLIONS of steps in the place.






Not content with this, on two sides of the stadium we had to put one foot, then the other, on each step while running up and then down. Sounds easy doesn't it? You try it. It requires coordination. This is always going to be a problem for me. I ran into barriers more than once cos I was so very busy looking at my feet I didn't notice I was at the top of a flight of stairs. Dignity's overrated, I reckon, though it would be nice to just try it once.


I can only assume that Mickey's worried that some of the escalators in IKEA may not be working on the day of the run. There can be no other explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts