This gent got drunk and made a bet over a curry with his mate that he would complete an iron man challenge. His other mate filmed it so he wouldn't back out.
BTW - an Ironman consists of the following -
- a 2.4 mile swim (3.86km)
- a 112 mile bike ride (180km)
- a 26 mile run (42 km) which is the same distance as a marathon
- getting my tongue pierced (drunk challenge set in a pub on Ecclesall road in Sheffield whilst at Uni)
- getting a tattoo on my bum (drunk announcement in 42nd st on my birthday),
- signing up for the Manchester 10k - I was drunk for a whole year when I first did this so I am pretty confident I was drunk when I decided to do it.
- signing up for the Salford Swim (I wasn't drunk when it was put to me by my swimming instructor but I think I was probably drunk when I agreed to do it)
There is a 50% chance I will get drunk and agree to Kath's stupid idea of swimming a mile in Morcambe Bay. Though I am going to try and stay on the wagon for a couple of weeks so the chances of me agreeing to this are slim.
So the moral of the story is - don't get drunk.