Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Thursday, 4 August 2011

Silly bets

This video is funny, kind of inspiring and maybe made me well up because of the emotive montage bit when they all swim out to sea.

This gent got drunk and made a bet over a curry with his mate that he would complete an iron man challenge. His other mate filmed it so he wouldn't back out.

Unlucky.

BTW - an Ironman consists of the following -
  • a 2.4 mile swim (3.86km)
  • a 112 mile bike ride (180km)
  • a 26 mile run (42 km) which is the same distance as a marathon
This kind of behaviour is pretty much why I do anything, I get drunk and get an overinflated opinion of my abilities and sign up to stupid shit. which in the past has included:
  • getting my tongue pierced (drunk challenge set in a pub on Ecclesall road in Sheffield whilst at Uni)
  • getting a tattoo on my bum (drunk announcement in 42nd st on my birthday), 
  • signing up for the Manchester 10k - I was drunk for a whole year when I first did this so I am pretty confident I was drunk when I decided to do it.
  • signing up for the Salford Swim (I wasn't drunk when it was put to me by my swimming instructor but I think I was probably drunk when I agreed to do it)
and I am pretty sure I got a bit very drunk two nights before the Salford Swim and agreed to swim the Channel in a relay team with a load of folks from the Life Sciences department. But, no one videoed that so there is no evidence. So it's NOT happening.

There is a 50% chance I will get drunk and agree to Kath's stupid idea of swimming a mile in Morcambe Bay. Though I am going to try and stay on the wagon for a couple of weeks so the chances of me agreeing to this are slim.

So the moral of the story is - don't get drunk.

Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts