Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Tuesday, 30 August 2011

Raising the Tone

Some bloke from the Uni of Manchester has written a book about Plato. Naturally I haven't read it or anything, but these are all Plato quotes currently to be found on the University website:























“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”

“If women are expected to do the same work as men, we must teach them the same things.”

“Ignorance: the root of all evil.”

“Only the dead have seen the end of war.”

“The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.”

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”

On the basis of this lot I think Plato was an all round good chap.


I am therefore going to keep this brief. You can therefore assume that I am wise enough to know when I have nothing to say. 

Or you may just think that I am knackered after my 18k run tonight.

1 comment:

  1. You r my hero Kath - who is this Plato chap you r harping on about ? Is he your new trainer?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts