Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Sunday, 28 August 2011

The Morecambe Bay Swim...

... was cancelled. It was very windy and the waves were enormous. There were some concerns about them smashing us against the rocks, so we were moved to a sandier bay so we could be smashed against the sand instead, but it was continuing to get windier and rougher and they had to cancel in the end.
I will never be a proper athlete-type person. I breathed a huge sigh of relief, legged it to the clubhouse, got out of my wetsuit and scoffed a massive slice of homemade lemon cake. When I came out I found several people had decided to go in even though they didn't have to.


Anyway, I really enjoyed my night in Morecambe. It has the most fantastic location, with views across the sea or mud to the Lakes. I loved the walk along the prom. It was very quiet (or dead, depending on your point of view) and I had a lovely room with a view right across the bay. I might even go back now I've worked out had loudly pointed out to me the etiquette of the dining room in the B and B. If you are on your own you are not entitled to sit at a table for two. You have to sit at a table for one marked "Nobody Loves Me" in neon lights.
The bloke Morecambe is named after.
I think the Irwell Sculpture Trail people have a lot to learn from Morecambe
Me in Morecambe.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts