Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Monday, 1 August 2011

Injury update & booze calculator

So the update is this -

I'm screwed. Erm, basic standing is causing me some discomfort. Shit.

Apologies for the blog hiatus but I was in London at the Vintage Festival, having a jolly old time celeb spotting. We saw Wayne Hemingway and Jo Wood - I think I dropped out a few kittens when I saw Jo Wood standing right next to me and no doubt that was why she quickly ran back stage to get away from me.

As for Wayne well he was dancing like a good'un to some soulful 70's tunes on the balcony of the Southbank Centre whilst the sun was setting between Big Ben and St Pauls.


Don't we look retro - I don't think I have ever sweated so much in my life in my polyester sack dress. You might as well have wrapped me in cling film and set me on fire. This is the only photo I have because I didn't take my camera - I broke it last time I was in London. I look pretty moody, probably because I am about to combust and because I got a bit tired of having my photo taken. Saying that, I nearly wet myself when a fashion student wanted my photo (on my own), I think I will dine out on that forever or at least I find myself in the 'what were you thinking/ worst dressed' feature in some crappy magazine.

Anyway, back to the point, I spent most of the weekend in some discomfort with my hip. I had a session with the chiropractor on friday which made me feel like a million pounds for a few hours but in no time I went back to walking like a drunken old pirate.

I have done NO running - I think I am now approximately 14 runs behind schedule (maybe more - I dare not look) on my training plan. So I think I am going to have to start from scratch with only 6 weeks to go until the big day.

I think I will need a pretty big miracle in order to run this half in 2 hours 15 mins. Kath wins again! Aghhh - this is killing me. She is also trying to convince me to swim a mile in the sea at the end of the month - I am starting to believe she has swapped alcohol for a crack pipe because

a. this is not usual Kath behaviour - I was the one who convinced her to do the Salford Swim and Half Marathon - definitely not the other way around.
b. It sounds utterly insane, unsafe, unnecessary and expensive.

Kath - wind your neck in!

So on another note - do you want to know how many calories you consume when you drink? Check this nifty little tool out.

I was alarmed to find out that I had consumed 1000 calories of alcohol on Sat (I was under-estimating too) and that I polished off my weekly recommended units in one day. Though, I warn you the money calculator seems way off because apparently Sat only cost me £25 in booze - try £70!!!!
I think Kath is onto something with this booze free lifestyle.

Laters - Sambo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts