Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Saturday, 13 August 2011

Grumpy Old Woman

Well, I'm back. And I'm cold. And I'm grumpy.


I did the Parkrun this morning. I sensibly prepared by doing some power walking (aka being right on the last minute - I got there half way through the instructions at the startline...)  It was raining, which was actually pretty welcome after my runs in the sun, and I put everything I had into it and I beat my Personal Best by a whopping 8 seconds. Some bloke and I kept overtaking each other, and I was well in front of him towards the end, but then he sprinted the last 100 metres and beat me by two seconds. I'm sure there should be a rule against that somewhere. I'd say I'll beat him next time, but I honestly don't think I have it in me to go any faster than I did this morning. So I'll use my usual excuse of him being younger than me, and not having spent as much time drunk as I have.


I saw this at the airport yesterday, and it made me really sad.





Yes, you can pay the best part of 10 quid to have your suitcase wrapped in clingfilm to ensure that the people who are paid to handle your luggage don't nick stuff from it, or add stuff to it, or if they do you know about it. 

This is the best way to deal with these miscreant employees that I can think of. How lovely to live in a world where people spend several hours of their lives being paid to stick clingfilm on luggage because no one trusts anyone else. How many years of civilisation have we needed to get to this point?

I did say I was grumpy. 

This followed on from being put into such a state of panic about bagsnatchers by the hostel staff in Barcelona that I 


A) Bought and wore a bumbag. In public.


B) Jumped out of my skin, grabbed said bumbag with both hands, glared at some perfectly nice young chap (it will take him years to recover from that look) and lied when I was asked the time.


On a happier note, here's some pics of Tossa and Barcelona for you.








And the vid for the song Barcelona cos it's been going through my head for nearly two weeks now.




I'm afraid I have no pics at all of me wearing the bumbag. What an oversight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts