Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Goodbye, Tossa

It's the last day in Tossa today - off to Barcelona tomorrow. I'll certainly turn into a dynamic athlete who is desperate to train when I get there. I will stop being someone who just lies on a sunlounger and only moves to eat. Almost certainly.


I did manage to get off my sunbed first thing this morning and go for a quick run (using quick to mean short rather than quick in this particular context). I decided that the reason my previous runs here had been so very slow (using slow to mean slow in this context) was because I was running before breakfast. I therefore decided to have a quick pre-breakfast breakfast on the beach.



This chocolate thingy was warm from the bakery and almost certainly one of the nicest things I've ever eaten, in one of the best locations. Definitely one of those holiday moments that you remember. Plus the run afterwards went better, I went at my normal speed and I didn't need to stop once, which is really unusual for me. So the moral of the story is to eat more chocolate.


Some complete nutters were running up to the castle. That is a serious hill, and I don't do hills. I guess I'd better start soon. And other nutters were in the sea, even though it was 8 o'clock in the morning. I must admit I haven't done much sea swimming while I've been here, so my plans for Morecambe Bay are looking a little less concrete than they were, which wasn't very.





And now I must go and eat. It's been ages.


Adios


Kath


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts