Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Monday, 15 August 2011

The FEAR

 "I hate to say this, but this place is getting to me. I think I'm getting the Fear."
  Dr Gonzo

I can't do it, I can't face a run tonight. I am emotionally too unstable.

The guilt is consuming but the thought of running now is terrifying. The only way I can pull this back is by getting up before work tomorrow and running 5k then running again tomorrow night. Lets be honest that's not going to happen.

I thought a little pre run, post work disco nap would reinvent me but I just laid on my bed for 40 mins thinking about how much I didn't want to got for a run.

I've got what is commonly known as the 'fear' - the fear is the psychological unrest and distress you experience the days after a massive session on booze.

It includes general anxiety, paranoia, shame, disgust, lethergy and emotional instability. This is a dark day.

I'll let you know if I come out the other end of this but I have needed to pee for 40 mins now and I can't bear even getting up.

I might have to watch some Madmen or some Friends for comfort.

Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts