Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Monday, 29 August 2011

Body fail

Bloody hip is not doing what it should do, I am in pain in bed, standing up and driving is a no no. Sleeping on the fecker isn't overly comfortable either. I blame not having any appointments with the chiropractor for a couple of weeks.

I was thinking about running 5km today, it is chucking it down, the gym is closed and Kath loudly facebook shouted at me yesterday for running whilst injured. I am an 18km run behind, fingers crossed I will heal a little and get this in sometime this week.

I think someone is trying to tell me I should go the pictures and then have a massive seafood tea in 'Livebait' tonight. I am so frigging excited because I love seafood and we have a 50% off card.

I hope it stops raining so I can wear by birthday boots from Topshop (they look better on than in the picture).

I mean cause Livebait is pretty posh so I need to at least try and look like I belong there.


It's annoying because this is the first bank holiday Monday I've been sober for in years and years and years. If my bits worked I would be splishing about out there now.

I am not going to feel sorry for myself, quite the opposite in fact because yesterday I got on the scales and for the first time in 2 years I weighed under 10 stone! Of course I was only a pound under 10 stone and I had to do a very delicate balancing trick on the scales otherwise it would intermittently flick on 10 stone. When it did this I swore loudly  and kicked the scales, took my earrings off, had a wee, cut my spleen out, stripped naked and then got back on again to 9 stone 13 Ibs.

I then celebrated by going out and eating a cream tea washed down with a glass of prosecco and slice of chocolate cheesecake and then a burger with blue cheese and chips and extra onion rings at 'Simple at the Light' and then lego mans leftover pasta when I got in and a fair bit of vodka in between too much diet coke and a peppermint tea cause I got a massive bread belly and so that kind of help settle it so I could drink more vodka.

Yeah I know, I ruined it and I don't think I am going to get on the scales today.



By the way the burger at Simple was amazing, they even ask you how you want it cooking. The service was excellent, the staff were exceptionally friendly and they look like they make top cocktails too. What was even better was we got 2for1 because we had a Touch VIP card.

Happy Bank Holiday Monday!

Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts