Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Saturday, 20 August 2011

1,241 calories - 17.71km

That run was hell and it's still 3km short of a half marathon.

I didn't manage the full 18km because I literally ran out of path - I ran along the Bridgewater Canal until it ended. I could have run round the terraces once more to make up the 300 meters but I so physically and emotionally damaged there was no way that was happening.

This is the longest I've ever run, I always thought the biggest barrier was not fitness but the psychological one, it does get pretty boring after a while but I take it all back because I hurt like f%ck now.

Legoman head took these photos of me about 30 seconds after I got in. 10 seconds later he started moaning to me about his sore neck because he had been sat at the computer too long.
"ARE YOU TAKING THE PISS - I HAVE JUST GOT IN FROM AN 11 MILE RUN - £$%* OFF!!!!!!"

























This is what hurts -
  • My right arse cheek
  • My pelvis
  • My lumber region
  • My knees
  • My right hip
  • My left foot
  • My shoulder blades
  • and my mind
There is a stink coming off me that you wouldn't believe. I am going to do yoga birds post run stretch video then sit in a cold bath whilst washing down 2 ibuprofen with a pack of butter, a loaf of bread and half a pint of red wine.

Tomorrow I anticipate I will be walking like John Wayne after a rodeo - in an ideal world I will get a 5km recovery run in but that might be overly ambitious.

Sam out x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts