Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Friday, 15 July 2011

Shoe fun

Bonjourno

Shoe fun to me means these little beauties, I don't just mean Michelle though she is hot! She is made significantly more smoking as a result of her little black pumps.



Instead of spending money on sports bra's and shorts and entrance fee's I think my pennies would be better spent on these bobby dazzlers. A snip at just £375, pah.

 Christian Louboutin - Simple 70 patent leather pumps *licks lips

But NO, I have to wear ugly biatches like these.

In the past 7days I ran 34.2km or 21.3 miles, completed one yoga class and a swimming lesson. I know that doesn't sound very impressive but you tell my knee and hip that. Tonight is a fast 8km and then tomorrow is my longest run ever, the dreaded 16km. 

I have purchased limb freeze spray, Glucosamine tablets and ibruprofen gel in anticipation of the mess that will be left behind from this run. I can also imagine there will be blisters and also chaffing - I'm sure it comes as no surprise that my thighs rub against each other like two sumo wrestlers in an embrace.

I am not moaning though, I am instead being sensible and preparing for ruin.

Can't wait. My reward for such distance is I am going to purchase some new trainers in that there London. Then I am going to run around London - so I will take my ipod for some blurry photos. Expect that post next week.

So as I am an underpronator, I shall have to buy trainers accordingly as this is most probably why I get injured (a lot). That and my pesky high arches.

So I have embeded a couple of videos here to show you what underpronator (suprination/or), overpronator and neutral runners look like. It is important to get the right trainers for your running style. To do this it is advised that you get a GAIT analysis at your local running store - they will film the way you run and recommend trainers accordingly.





For Manc runners, Sweatshop in the Arndale do this for free, bless them.

Also, I have to get up super early tomorrow and run this all before 10am cause then I am away down south to a 30th birthday celebration and a London visit. So I might schedule a couple of blogs but it might be a bit quiet on here because Kath is away in Poland, lording it about.

Peace out x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts