Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Tuesday, 26 July 2011

Pride and Prejudice

Erm, right, not at all sure how to follow up Sam's last post. She clearly fancies me, and now I'll have to find a way of subtly telling her it's not mutual.


If you haven't read it, then do, even though she'll once again win the ratings war on the blog. Not for the nice bits about me, well not just for those bits anyway, but for the stuff on addiction. Oh, and ignore the bit where she calls me a massive weirdo - it was probably a typo.


If Amy Winehouse did die through addiction then she wasn't alone last week. And yeah doubtless it could've been me if life had gone a little differently at various times.


There's been a lot of ignorant twaddle spoken about addiction on the Internet this week. I'm no expert myself - let's face it I was pissed - but people saying that someone who died through addiction brought it on themselves, or were stupid, or wasted talent, or whatever else has been said, really have no understanding of the power of addiction. I hope it doesn't take going through it, or watching someone they love go through it, to change their minds.


AA use the phrase "There but for the grace of God go I". Personally I wouldn't use the words grace of God; it is one of the many places where AA and I fail to see eye to eye; but it is a good dictum whenever you feel like judging someone.


And here endeth the second lesson. Normal froth will recommence shortly.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts