Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Friday, 22 July 2011

Injured :-(

I am officially injured, a Doctor said so. The right side of my pelvis is locked and is causing pain in my knee, neck, hip and foot. Basically I am wonky on one side and have limited movement on the right so that goes to explain why I walk into walls and veer off diagonally when swimming.

See, I am not always drunk - I just look it.

What he's told me explains a lot.

But I don't think all is lost because he is a Chiropractor and did some bone manipulating and evil deep tissue massaging that has helped a heap. I walked in there with a limp and out without one, I am no way pain free though.

So it's a bit of Iliotibial band syndrome, he beat that bit of my leg good and proper and I am not going to lie, it really hurt.

I am pretty depressed about it, I have to half my running for the next two weeks and I have to stop if I am in pain. Which is most of the time.

Before the appointment I tried to run 8k and I could only run in 200m bursts before having to walk. I felt pretty sorry for myself and burst into tears in front of some ducks. Ducks are not sensitive to emotions - I learnt that today.

I am not going to let this beat me god damn it, I am going to do my stretches and more yoga like a good girl. Dr Clark says I will be able to catch up on the training in the last 6 weeks. So I might be down but I am not out.

All hopes of beating Kath now will have to be abandoned. I just want to make it round the course.

Dear running, I thought I hated you but now I just miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts