Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Friday, 24 June 2011

Mud, Sweat and Culture

Blimey - the pressure's on to post something cos Sam's away enjoying herself at Glastonbury. Not sure I've got much to tell you at the mo, so here's a few pics to remind you that I was young, ginger and at Glastonbury myself once upon a time. 








There really isn't an excuse for that jumper, I know that.


So I bobbed down to London last weekend to see Chekhov's "Seagull" with Gabriel Hunter, Geraldine Thingymajig, not Somerville the other Ginger Geraldine, it'll come to me in the middle of the night, and Roger Lloyd Pack (Trigger) at the Arcola. It was dead good and I recommend you go to see it. 



While I was there I had a spot of a jog round Regent's Park.





The place was full of proper runners, all wearing knackered shorts and faded running event T shirts. I looked like someone who was trying to look like they knew what they were doing solely by buying up Sports Direct's supply of tight lycra. Odd that.


And I have another recipe for you - it is even more exotic than the last one.


Cut up some Mozarella and a tomato. Put on a panini roll. Garnish with basil.




Stick in George Foreman grill for a bit. Push the boat out and serve with rocket and coleslaw.





And yes, it is another panini recipe. They make a change from pizza.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts