Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Thursday, 9 June 2011

The Garmin est arrivee

Well, the Garmin's here. As I keep pointing out to Sam and others who constantly question my financial prudence, this was a very sensible purchase. I just can't for the moment remember why.


Anyway, it was a very good buy - look at all the free instruction booklets that came with it! I got a glossy four page Quickstart Guide in 13 different languages. Bargain! 

Now I'm all for inclusiveness, but that seems to be erring on the side of over-enthusiasm. Say what you like about IKEA, and who doesn't, but I put up a wardrobe and a chest of drawers from a few black and white diagrams with no words at all a few weeks ago. So I suspect it would be possible to tell Garmin-purchasers of a variety of nationalities that they need to plug it in to charge it, and then switch it on, without using quite so much paper.

And I've complained to Amazon about the size of the box they sent it in. Bet you wondered who ever used that "Leave Packaging Feedback" box didn't you? I'm either an eco-warrior, or I have way too much time on my hands...

I saw Sam's training plan on myAsics.co.uk today and it was well scary compared with mine. They've put her down for lots of long and fast runs as she is young, fit, experienced and, more than anything, absolutely bloody determined to beat me this time, no matter what. My plan basically tells me to walk to the bottom of the garden and back occasionally because I'm a geriatric who should be wheeled round the course in a bathchair.


I'd sue them for stereotyping and age discrimination, but they are of course absolutely right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts