Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Monday, 9 May 2011

Sick

Kath is right to be smug. Drinking is BAAAAD.

Though I have been working hard, I played a bit too hard on Saturday. It was my mates 30th and we went the dogs, it was a triffic night and much merriment was had by all.

I had my photo taken with 'Boris the spider' because i know the owner - Mr Bennett (one of the University of Manchester's finest porters/rulers). He was lovely, a beautiful doggie.

But I thought for some stupid reason that I would drink cider and black. Honestly, I don't know what came over me. I have a yeast intolerance for a start and I haven't drunk that concoction since 2004 in the Fuzz Club, Sheffield. That night didn't end well either because I wore white and threw the sickly purple stuff down my top no doubt whilst dancing to Pulp 'Common People'. There could not be a more fitting song.



Kath and I swam 1 mile in open water on saturday morning so all good work was undone. I was rough as a badger yesterday and after a disco nap I thought I better get myself out and get another swim in.

I couldn't face proper food so I had once of those fancy lemon cupcakes Asda does (yellow label of course - I am my Father's daughter). You know, those fit ones with the icing daisy on top they have in the advert. At least I think the daisy was edible.

Well that didn't sit well.

Swam just under a mile in the aquatics, when I drove home everything looked fuzzy. Got in and yipped in the toilet.

Bad Sam - I here on pledge that not another sip of alcohol (*cider especially) will pass my lips before the Swim.

To be fair there is less than a week now so you'd hope I would be able to do it.

Hmmmm, we will see. It's Jo Jolley's birthday party on Friday so I have a mountain to climb.
Happy Birthday Jo Jolley, disability coordinator extraordinaire!

6 days left - i feel sick again now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts