Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Sunday, 17 April 2011

Things that annoy me about not drinking...

1) Getting ID’ed for buying non-alcoholic lager.  Cobra Zero is called Cobra Zero because it has 0% alcohol in it. Why, then, does the self service machine tell me I need approval to buy it? I don’t have the same problem with orange juice, or even coffee, which is actually bad for you and stuff. And yes, someone actually did ask if I was over 25 the other day. Just thought I’d mention it, in case there was someone I hadn’t told.



2) Barstaff who actually laugh at me when I ask if they sell non-alcoholic lager. Particularly if they look about 12 and need a haircut. Yes, barman at the Bolton Soundhouse, I do mean you. 


 
3) People who worry themselves to death because I’m ‘just’ having a glass of water. I like water. I don’t like coke. I am not being a martyr.



4) The word sobriety, particularly when preceded by the word ‘my’. I’ve found myself using it a couple of times, and it’s just one of those words which belongs on daytime TV, and with which Americans seem much more comfortable.


5) Not drinking. I’d bloody love a drink. Now would be good.  I’ve spent the day swimming and gardening, and it’d be lovely to have a glass of wine or two. Except, of course, I then wouldn’t spend next weekend either swimming or gardening. Ah well. 


1 comment:

  1. your best post yet. i fear for my post stats now.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts