Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Jamie Oliver's Pasta Ragu....Sam's version


We have had 2000 views, tremendous!

Thanks everyone.
Here's some food to celebrate! Guess how many ingredients I haven't got.......loads. So I am adapting this to suit my pantry. I am far too busy training to shop for fennel seeds and fresh basil.

Seriously Jamie, we don't all have 'sell out' contracts with sainsburys and infinite funds.
I didn't mean it Jamie, I like you really despite your incessant mockney accent and ever pregnant miserable puss wife. Incidentally he designed this dish for her cheggers cravings, so family Oliver must eat this a lot cause i think she has been pregnant for about 10 years now.

so here's my version
  • 2 carrots
  • 1/2 a massive white onion
  • 1 green chilli
  • 1 400g tin of tomatoes
  • splash of gross white wine that i cannot bring myself to drink without gagging
  • a sprinkle of dried basil
  • a sprinkle of dried oregano
  • 5 richmond sausages - skin removed
  • loads of garlic
  • fusilli pasta -loads
  • 1 glass of nice red wine to drink whilst cooking said dish, pre-swim, post work. a birthday present - so keep your knickers on.
whilst listening to the kinks on the radio and dancing like a fool. my dad nursed the kinks back to health after a nasty car crash in Warrington, true story. my favourite dad story, usually his others involve golf or getting drunk and reciting the Maori haaka. bless.


The real Jamie Oliver recipe is here -knock yourself out.


So I don't have a blender. YES JAMIE, I don't have one of your affiliated blender or any other blender.

So I grated the carrots, finely chopped the onion and chilli and threw in the pan with the skinless sausages.
Threw the herbs in, splash of wine and some pre YES 'PRE' JAMIE minced garlic. browned a little and then added the tinned toms and simmered for about 20 mins.


I got drunk from that one glass of red wine cause I drank it on an empty stomach.

Whilst the 'ragu' was cooking I boiled up some pasta.
Then shaabang - this is what happened............ fit as a butchers dog! note, don't drink on an empty stomach and cook and dance, as it results in burn wrists.

and then I swam 70 lengths at Chorlton baths to try and burn off the 7 billion mini eggs i eat today, nice one Kay, happy birthday you feeder x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts