Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings




Saturday, 26 March 2011

Thursday night splash

I have been good, thursday night I went to my swimming lesson in town and was set a pace challenge. I had to swim 6 sets of 100m metres aiming to maintain the pace and swim each 100m in the exact same time.

So here's how it went:
  • 1. 2 mins 18 secs
  • 2. 2 mins 18 secs
  • 3. 2 mins 21 secs
  • 4. 2 mins 19 secs
  • 5. 2 mins 19 secs
  • 6. 2 mins 22 secs

I am pretty chuffed with that, Lucy (my instructor) is sure I will deffo swim the mile in under and hour and my aim is to do it in 45 mins or less. At that pace I am on track.

In total I think I nearly swam 80 lengths but i was concentrating on technique.

I wish I could show you a photo of the gorgeous 1920's pool but i think i would get arrested if i got my camera out. maybe i will ask Lucy to take a photo for me when it's empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts