Welcome, formerly known as 'Salford Swim Swim'. This is a Manchester blog about running and swimming and random stuff. Oh and mental health, it is good to be mentally healthy. Which we of course are not.......so if you're not too then check this out.........Moodswings
Monday, 28 March 2011
swimming pool etiquette
1. don't go the pool with your partner for a marathon snog-a-thon and get in everyone’s way - get a room perverts
2. don't winge and tut when someone who is 'proper' swimming splashes a couple of drops at you whilst swimming front crawl round you and your boyfriends synchronised doggy paddle.
3. don't get in the pool if you don't want to get your hair wet.
4. don't kick people in the face, especially if they are super phobic of feet
5. make sure you remove all eye make up before entering the pool - my face made a kid cry last week
6. regularly check your explicit body parts are tucked away - lads do not swim in your white underwear - it becomes transparent when wet
7. don't wee in the pool - i would hope you are all practising this one already
I don't have Kath's wit or literary talent so you are all just going to have to put up with my more shallow posts.
Sunday I went to the aquatics centre for a swim. I got a mile in (32 lengths of the big boy pool - 50m). though the pool was like some gross swingers party, full of couples pashing in the water with their legs wrapped round each other.
please note - the only reason i made it out on sunday without quitting was because of Kath's brave and truly inspirational post. despite the fact she herself sacked the sunday swim off.
and I did this on saturday, it was slow but i had a poorly foot didn't i.
Bonjour A lovely little skinny lady gave me this recipe for a Slimming World Curry that I have recently become obsessed with. I believ...
Well now, the folks at SportsDirect offered me an opportunity to review a pair of running shoes for them from their range. I ...
Best day of my working week bar none. France Gall is my new hair hero, I am ditching the ginge and wor...
Happy fecking birthday Jim! image from BBC He would have been 68 years young today, same age as my papa. Sadly papa ward wasn't an...
I cannot walks down the stairs, I don't think I'll be able to tie my shoes laces so I plan on wearing ballet pumps for the next wee...
Back soon Sam x photo source here
"I hate to say this, but this place is getting to me. I think I'm getting the Fear." Dr Gonzo I can't do it, I can...
Friday I had a good smug run, ran a 8km in just over 50 mins which pleased me as I haven't run it that fast in a long while (though I ha...
Sweet inspiration. Anton Krupicka is an ultra marathon runner which - I think has been now officially catorgorised as a mental illness...
Hello readers I have a new blog, check it out here.... http://rubbersoulmanchester.blogspot.com/ And remember it's Kurt Cobain'...