homemade broccoli and cheese soup with a toasted bagel. recipe below
- 1 large onion , roughly chopped
- olive oil
- 1 large potato , peeled and cubed
- 1l vegetable stock
- 1 head broccoli , about 300g, roughly chopped
- cheese (i used cheddar but the original recipe suggests blue cheese)
- two tablespoons of low fat creme fraiche
- Cook the onion in 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan until soft (about 5 minutes). Add the potato and stock and simmer until the potato is tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add the broccoli and cook for 3-4 minutes until just tender but still bright green. Add half the cheese and whizz to a smooth soup in a blender. Stir through creme fraiche.
followed by this!
Quorn chilli recipe
- quorn mince – 1/3 bag
- chilli powder – 1.5 teaspoon
- sugar – 1 teaspoon
- stock cube
- tin of chopped tomatoes
- tin of kidney beans
- tomato paste
- splash of red wine
- fresh coriander
- rice – one cup
- roughly chop onion and brown in a pan with the garlic, stir in the quorn and heat until defrosted.
- add chilli powder, stock cube, sugar and stir through. Add chopped tomatoes, a splash of water, a splash of red wine and a squirt of tomato puree. Stir through and leave on the stove to simmer for 45 minutes or throw it all in a slow cooker for an hour on high.
- chop some fresh coriander and stir in with kidney beans 10 mins before serving.
- serve with rice